Open Forum

All Communities
 View Only
  • 1.  ALTA Advocacy Summit 2023

Posted 05-12-2023 17:17

This week was my first attendance at the ALTA Advocacy Summit.  I joined about 14 other Virginians (including Virginia Land Title Association Board members, VLTA Current President, 2 VLTA Past Presidents and the VLTA Exexcutive Director) by participating and meeting with our Senators and Representatives.  I believe 43 other states were represented.  I enjoyed the experience and will do it again.  Have you attended this year or in the past?  What were your takeaways?  If you haven't attended, why not?

Thank you for your discussion.

------------------------------
    Becky Taylor ALTA NTP, VCTSA, VCTE
    Owner
    TitleWorks, Inc.
    Fairfax VA
    +1 7033592824
    ALTA Marketplace

• 2.  RE: ALTA Advocacy Summit 2023

Posted 05-12-2023 17:40

Becky, it looks like you and the Virginia crew had a blast. Unfortunately, we've been extremely busy at work (a good problem to have) and was not able to attend this year. I was living vicariously, reading the various social media posts from ALTA and other Virginia Land Title Association members. I attended the virtual Advocacy Summit in 2021 but have it on my bucket list to attend the Advocacy Summit and ALTA ONE at least once in my career. There's always next year.

John Mashack NTP, VCTE, VCTSA
    Vice President
    Loudoun Commercial Title, LLC
    Leesburg VA
    +1 (703) 737-3800

ALTA Marketplace

• 3.  RE: ALTA Advocacy Summit 2023

Posted 05-15-2023 11:02

Becky, like John Mashack, a heavy busy schedule combined with other activities, kept me from attending.  I had planned to attend until about a week before the event.  As a past VLTA President, I'm proud to see such a strong group of Virginians attend.  Now that I am assisting Cheryl with our independent business supporting title agencies, (official launch coming this month),  I will have more control over my choice of involvements.  I will most definitely be in DC with the group in 2024.  Tom Klein NIAS       
    www.niasservices.com 

Tom Klein
    Consultant/Advisor
    National Independent Agency Solutions, LLC
    tklein@niasservices.com
    1336 Michaux Park Lane
    Midlothian, Va. 23113
    804-467-1648

ALTA Marketplace