Open Forum

All Communities
 View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Settlement Software Recommendations

• 1.  Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-07-2021 08:13

Hello! I work at an office that is currently using SoftPro Enterprise.  We are at a crossroads where we may need to upgrade to SoftPro Select or possibly change to a new program.  Any recommendations?  Also would love feedback from anyone who has gone from SoftPro Enterprise to Select or Enterprise to Qualia.  Thanks!

Carrie L. Smith

Manager

***Effective March 1st, 2021*** - Prestige Title Insurance Agency, LLC will require that funds to close exceeding $20,000.00 are to be wired in (wire instructions to be provided) – certified funds made payable to Prestige Title are accepted for anything less than $20K. TO PREVENT POTENTIAL WIRE FRAUD- PLEASE CALL 517-264-6040 TO VERIFY WIRE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO WIRING FUNDS.

***PLEASE SEND ALL CLOSING PACKAGES TO csmith@prtitle.com

Prestige Title Insurance Agency, LLC

3136 N. Adrian Hwy., Ste. C

Adrian, MI 49221

Ph# (517)264-6040

Fax (517)264-6050

Email:   csmith@prtitle.com

E-mail Confidentiality:  This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is confidential, protected by privacy laws or government regulations, and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the intended named recipients. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated recipients(s) is prohibited.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in the e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses as the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this mail. 

This email has been checked for viruses by AVG antivirus software.
    www.avg.com

ALTA Marketplace

• 2.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-08-2021 07:30
    I would not switch to Qualia. Very expense for what you get.

------------------------------
    Sam Saad
    Paradise Coast Title & Escrow, LLC
    Naples FL
    +1 (239) 963-1635

ALTA Marketplace

• 3.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-11-2021 00:50
    What do you suggest as an alternative?  I've read many customers are switching to SoftPro and RamQuest.

--

Nathan D. Wosnack

Founder & CEO

tel: +1 (724) 248-2046

email: nathan@ubitquity.io

https://www.ubitquity.io/

UBITQUITY, LLC

One Block At A Time®

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender, therefore, does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of email transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version.

ALTA Marketplace

• 4.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-11-2021 14:25
    I agree 100% with Sam. The Qualia platform is too expensive and a headache to deal with. I understand it's nice for the Escrow side. It's probably easy for customers to understand. It is not user-friendly for the Title side. We acquired Qualia about 2½ years ago and have had a laundry list of issues ever since.
    We have found Qualia's developers and staff to be uneducated in many different Title formats. They are unresponsive to major issues and will not take ownership of their deficiencies. I personally have had the customer service manager tell me several times when Qualia doesnt connect the problem is on our side when every other website works fine. Only to have them reverse course many hours later and admit that the problem was theirs.
    We used a version of Streamline before Qualia and it still sets up a better report than the one we get out of Qualia.
    You cannot access your customer database from the platform without leaving the window you are in. When sending an email request for an update on a Prelim to an unknown or a new person not within the system at an established customer's business you cannot add that name to the database from the email screen. You have to go into the customer database to put in the new contact. I know this seems like it's not a big deal, but it is when it's a lot of these same little types of things that happen all day long.
    For example, you can type Guild Mortgage Company, a California limited liability company ISAOA and it will never keep the info or pull it from the customer database to autofill that box. Type that business name 2 or 3 times a report for 4-5 orders and let me know how not annoying that is.Qualia does not autofill. You have to really familiarize yourself with every window to know what and where to add info, so it doesn't end up in an odd spot within the report. They have information boxes that don't merge into the report and their Title codes do not have the right language for Washington State. Here, the recorded document is not the Instrument Number, Certificate of Title Number, Recorder's Office or the Assessors Office. It's an Auditors File No. (AFN or AF#). To fix this on every report is not feasible and makes the hyperlinks useless. There is no sense of urgency to fix these types of problems. For the first 3-4 months, we had to type our TSG's, Subdivision Guaranty's, Lit G's, Primes (Magic Pen, Jr. Policy), MMP's, etc., in the old platform while we waited for those format templates to be approved by our 2 UW's. We were told that Qualia had to send the formats in and get them approved. We would check in periodically with Qualia to find out the status until we called the UW to see what the problem was only to find out Qualia never actually submitted the templates to get approval. 
    Now we get a new customer liaison every couple of months and we have to go back over every problem and hear the same rehashed solutions that didn't work before or are not in the same topic of discussion. Qualia does not know Title they know Escrow. I assume they get to continue to be in business since Escrow is the side that pulls in the money and it works well for the Escrow side. 

My opinion is this...any company touted as the future of a business should WOW. It should make whatever you're currently using seem like your using the wrong tools. Qualia does not WOW it barely ho-hums. There are better platforms out there that are not trying to be the next Facebook for Business.

Aaron Baker
    Title Officer
    Guardian Northwest Title & Escrow
    Mount Vernon WA
    +1 (360) 424-0115

ALTA Marketplace

• 5.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-12-2021 07:16
    All I can say is Wow! My office switched to Qualia about 2 1/2 years ago and we have not looked back. Immediately, it was saving us better than 20 minutes per file in simply opening a file. I don't know why it is said that it is not user-friendly, we find it relatively easy to use. Yes, it is not very user friendly for complex commercial transactions (but then again, what platform is?). Yes, it is expensive, but we have found that our ROI is worth it for the time savings per file. While it is not perfect (and we have asked for several changes to be made), we have found that their customer service has been very good. Yes, there is no way to customize everything for your specific business or state, but again, what platform is? Bottom line is that we are very happy with the program (and recently spent additional money to upgrade to Qualia Connect, which our Realtors and customers love).

Peter Pike Esq.
    Attorney
    Pike Law Firm, PA
    Bradenton FL
    +1 (941) 312-2580

ALTA Marketplace

• 6.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-13-2021 06:53
    Bottom line “ if you don’t get it, you won’t get it”.
    If you are sold school and stuck in your old ways, then you are correct Qualia is not for you. But if you are forward thinking and want to embrace the future, then there is nothing like Qualia in the market CURRENTLY.
    I hope another and better provider comes to market with a better and web based platform.

Mo Choumil

ALTA Marketplace

• 7.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-13-2021 10:16
    I can honestly say that I had the best customer service experience out of Qualia I may have ever had in my practice history.  I had some troubles with reconciliations resulting from my user error and my trust bank making some changes that altered the statement download.  I had multiple CSR's go way past where I thought they should be expected to go on more than one occasion, including their unsolicited follow-up.
    ---
    Jason G. Howell
    The Law Offices of Jason G. Howell, PLLC
    603 Main St.
    Murray, Kentucky 42071
    (270) 753-2200 telephone
    (270) 761-5292 facsimile

ALTA Marketplace

• 8.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-13-2021 18:03

YEP. You're right Cheryl I'm not a programmer and was not trained in IT. I sure did come up old school and have always been open to learning new things.

However, I cannot know how to do a "thing" by osmosis. I do not know what Mohamed or Cheryl know. It would be nice to know everything and I would love to receive tips on how to make Qualia better. It should not be expected that I know what they know.

Here's what I do know. I AM the customer and I am not happy with the product. If that means I need more training then, cool. I would be first in line. As of this post, I have enrolled in every "class" and discussion that Qualia has had. I have not been offered any extra training. Show me where I'm going wrong I welcome it.

Unless of course Mohamed and Cheryl are discounting my experience and opinion? Challenge! Put your money where your mouth is and show your current Qualia setup. My mind is not closed I can be swayed but not by words without proof. Post how you set up your Qualia's provides some screenshots of how you have Qualia dialed in and are currently maximizing its potential. I would love to have a big ol' drink of your Kool-Aids! If not, then your words are meaningless and you can take back your sleights and sales pitches.

It would be a different change of pace to have my opinion changed and be someone that praises Qualia.

I was told that this would make us more efficient and we would be back up and running in days not weeks and there would be a magic rainbow to slide down...OK, not the magic rainbow part.

This is the point I was trying to make. I wasn't WOW'd by Qualia. It's a less-than-great report generator with social media attached. I am not impressed by this program and it hasn't yet lived up to MY expectations of what the future of Title should look like.

I did not expect to have to set up over 500 abbrev. word codes and extensions. Or retype the examiner codebook and add all the Subdivision Primaries for the 3 counties we do.  

Here's something else I thought of that bothers me about this Escrow laden social media platform with some Title codes and formats tossed in.

Regarding repeat customers, when you want to pull something out of a previous order like the supporting docs it would be nice if you could check the boxes in documents and have an option to send them to the new order. You should be able to transfer those pertinent docs and forms to your current file. It makes no sense that the Abbreviated Legal that gets added to the Property window will not pull into the Abbreviated Legal in every report. That's not something we set up in the report its hard wired in from Qualia, so you would think that it would fill that box, it doesn't.

Also, it will only pull in the previous commitment info you should have an option to transfer either the Commitment or the Policy Info from a direct prior. Not have to download everything to your desktop or folder and then extract and drop them back in. It makes no sense to me. Copy/Paste the new Deed of Trust.

One more thing I thought of the yearly calendar would be nice to have too. Having a Calendar pop in when the beginning of a Month is typed would be great to complete your dated and recorded information.  

Unless I still just don't get it. Not everybody agrees with me here either. They also don't sound like Qualia Sales Reps or Corporate Sponsors whenever I do give my opinion on what I don't like about the program.

I have made all these same complaints known to Qualia for the last 2 ½ years. Over and over again. I've become background noise and feel like their way of hazing the new Customer Success Rep. so yes I'm frustrated. We get a new Success Manager every few months that will contact me and try to figure out what my problem is.  

At this point, I've found so many workarounds and different ways to add the info I almost didn't see back in April 2021 that someone finally listened and revealed to us about the Word Abbrev./Extender add-on. So all that time it was not only I but others complaining about how there are no autofill or speed codes where was the awesome customer success then?  Why did we just get told about this small miracle?

Ultimately, the choice to subscribe to Qualia or not is up to YOU. It wasn't up to me I was handed this mess from the previous CCO who got fed up and quit about 2 weeks after choosing this platform. So now I'm stuck with it.

BOTTOM LINE, If you are ok with and have the staff write up codes, format your templates for the unpopular lesser-known reports and don't mind that any information dropped into Qualia, including the reports are no longer yours and belong to Qualia meaning to use your own Priors you have to keep the service forever then you have found the right program for you.

I just felt with all the flowers and rainbows being tossed around making it seem like it's the best thing ever someone needed to have a dissenting opinion.

I do agree with most that this might be the best platform out there right now. How sad for all of us. It does sound like a couple of you could get together and set up a better more efficient program to work out of. With both programming and title backgrounds you would be the only competitor in the market and become the actual future of the business. I would subscribe!

Thank you Heather for the "backup" it is appreciated...Peter I enjoyed your post as well.

Aaron Baker

Title Officer

Guardian Northwest Title & Escrow

121 NE Midway Blvd. Ste 100

Oak Harbor, WA 98277

(360)675-2286

Guardian Northwest Title & Escrow Company Logo

www.gnwtitle.com

Confidentiality Notice:
    Unless otherwise indicated, email transmission is not a secure form of communication and your reply may not be encrypted. The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately.

ALTA Marketplace

• 9.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-12-2021 09:06

100% everything Aaron Baker said and then some!!! Their customer service does not know the business and is not helpful. They have become more expensive over the last 2 ½ years and while it seemed to be worth it at first they charge for every service now. Everything is always our fault, never theirs and while it has some nice features, it's been more of a headache than what it's worth! If you have an IT dept. maybe, but as a smaller business I've spent entirely too much time having to figure out the system myself. READ THEIR CONTRACTS CAREFULLY!!!

Heather L. Lenihan

VA/NC Licensed Title Producer

VA Certified Settlement Agent

477 Viking Drive, Suite 325

Virginia Beach, VA 23452

Office: 757.366.1505

Fax: 757.301.4940

hlenihan@coastalclosingsva.com

Important Notice: The information contained in this email is private and confidential.  It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not named above or are not an agency of the recipient(s), then you have received this email in error, and to review, distribute or copy this transmission or its attachment(s) is strictly prohibit by federal law.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by email immediately.

ALTA Marketplace

• 10.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-12-2021 16:26
    In response to Aaron's opinion and experience of Qualia...

I spent 12 years in the software industry consulting to a software as a service firm. I worked with every department and became highly proficient in the software development process, system customizations and deployment of highly customized systemed into businesses and aligning those business processes with the software and visa versa.  From that experience, I'm hearing a few things in Aaron's experience.

1. Qualia may meet the needs of most title agencies in most states - but there may be some specific differences in Washington state that are causing issues. If you're not working in Washington state - this probably doesn't matter to you. But it is a helpful bit of information when you're vetting any software company - ensure that it will meet your unique needs for your state.

2. The issue with email and adding someone not already in the system - I do share the complaint that you can't send an email from the system to someone not in the contacts because sometimes you need to contact someone who doesn't need to be contact such as emailing a payoff request. However, if it's the lender or someone like that, his issue is really just a training issue. In Qualia you are expected to add your contacts to the file in the contact section. That's not really unusual with any software. It might a nice feature to add a new contact via the email screen, but personally, I don't find it necessary and it's really a personal preference for a way of working, not a hard right/wrong way to develop a software. Any time you switch softwares there is a bit of a learning curve where you need to adjust your working processes to adapt to the new system. It's not easy, but it is to be expected.

3. Qualia's staff. Overall, I've found Qualia's staff to be very responsive. Because I have a tech background, I use every aspect of Qualia and push it's limits. I warned them when I started that if anyone can find the bugs in their system, it's me. And I do. Like any software, it's not perfect. When I raise a support ticket, I hear back within a few hours. Depending on the issue, it might take a few days to resolve it. Sometimes it get resolved because I've made a mistake in configuration. Sometimes it's a bug and gets passed on to developers to review and improve/fix. If it's a development issue, it's going to take weeks or even months. That's true for any software, anywhere. Qualia's support people are tech people, not title people. Finding someone with title experience and tech is experience is very rare. The bulk of the staff at any title software company are going to be tech people. They are there to show you how to use the software, not to teach you how to process title. Some questions will walk a grey area in between and that will be a challenge for any software company to accomodate.

4. Typing the name of a business 2-3 times a day. This has NEVER happened to me. Once I enter the name of a contact on the file, it populates everywhere I want it to. I suspect Aaron either has a system set-up issue or it's something that can be resolved through training. I found a few fields that do not have codes to embed in custom documents - that is a bit frustrating. But again, I understand that I'm pushing the limits. Those areas are lesser used fields. All the main ones that everyone is going to use work just fine for me.

5. Aaron, if you're reading this, I'm truly not beating up on you and your frustrations. They are real, and I understand. You really hit the nail on the head when you said "You have to really familiarize yourself with every window to know what and where to add info, so it doesn't end up in an odd spot within the report."  - This! This is SO true. But I'd argue it's true with any software. There is a learning curve. The more time/effort you invest in learning the details, the easier it will be to use because you'll use it the way it was designed and intended.

6. Qualia as the future of business. I've seen and worked with several different title software platforms. From a technology and software development perspective - Legacy Systems (read, old) (such as Softpro) are 30+ year old coding technology with 20 year old user interfaces that are desperately trying to keep up and edit their old tech to keep up with a very fast pased and ever changing industry. Qualia's youth (6 years old) benefits them in that they are built with the latest code and designed for a cloud based world. The down side is that they haven't had 30+ years to tweak their system to accomodate every little detail and variation that is title from state to state. I started using Softpro in 1998. By that time they were already 14 years old. At that time they were cutting edge. Now Qualia is cutting edge. There are up sides and down sides to it.

I hope my thoughts help those of you who are trying to make some very difficult and expensive decisions. Take your time. Ask a lot of questions. You are making a large investment in your company, make sure - whichever software you choose - that you also make a large investment in time and training and prep before you Go Live with your new system. An ouce of prevention truly is worth a pound of intervention.

Cheryl Evans
    CEO
    Zen Abstract
    Perkasie PA
    +1 (267) 855-2021

ALTA Marketplace

• 11.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-12-2021 16:54

Not Qualia! Dealing with them on all aspects is like beating my head against a brick wall.

Heather L. Lenihan

Virginia Beach, VA 23452

Important Notice: The information contained in this email is private and confidential.  It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not named above or are not an agency of the recipient(s), then you have received this email in error, and to review, distribute or copy this transmission or its attachment(s) is strictly prohibit by federal law.  If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender by email immediately.

ALTA Marketplace

• 12.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-13-2021 19:01

We've been using Qualia Enterprise for about a year and a half and I have to say, we're very happy with our upgrade to this platform. Have things been perfect, no, but that's to be expected with any new system – there's a learning curve and growing pains no matter what's chosen, but we've been pleased with the product and service that we've received from the Qualia team. I would agree that Qualia is more Escrow focused, but we've seen a lot of improvements on the Title side. In fact, we've seen improvements in all areas and that's one of the things I appreciate about this platform – there are continual improvements. We've experienced Qualia taking to heart our concerns, feature requests, how transactions differ in Escrow states, etc., and have seen continued enhancements to support our processes.

Their Customer Success team is dedicated to finding solutions for road blocks. During our implementation phase, there were not a lot of Washington Title companies using Qualia, so we spent a great deal of time with their engineers working on processes specific to Washington. We were helping to educate them on how it's done here, but every person was open to learning and appreciated the feedback and collaboration. Once we were live, the communication hasn't stopped, even today. It's very apparent that they want us to be successful and are very open to feedback to enhance the closing process.

I feel that we truly have a partnership with Qualia. If something's not working, I don't hesitate to reach out and know that I'll get a genuine response in finding a solution. I once heard someone say that with any new platform, you're not going to like them for at least a year because there's so much to get used to and understand. Qualia's been committed to helping us through it all. There's so much that this platform offers and not all of it was implemented in the beginning. We're constantly looking at little changes that have big impacts on our client experience and the Qualia team is right beside us, assisting all the way. We feel that we made the right choice when we switched to Qualia.

Paula Pazooki
    COO
    Pacific Northwest Title Company of Kitsap County, Inc.
    Silverdale WA
    +1 (360) 692-4141

ALTA Marketplace

• 13.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-13-2021 22:29
    Paul,
    We will gladly share with your our workflows and assist in any way we can:) 
    Please email me mo@atgtitle.com

Mo Choumil 

ALTA Marketplace

• 14.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-14-2021 10:07

Mo – Hiiiiiiiiii! �� Please feel free to send one of your techies to southern VA to change my mind lol ��

On that note, to those that support Qualia, how many people are in your establishment and do you have a designated IT person/department?

Heather L. Lenihan

Virginia Beach, VA 23452

ALTA Marketplace

• 15.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-14-2021 10:37
    @Heatherwe have about 85 employees overall. We don't have an IT department at all. We outsource our email services. Our biggest IT expense is maintaining the Citrix servers from when we used Resware 3 years ago,
    which was a big mistake. 
    We were crucified by all of our vendors, bank and underwriters 3 years ago when we switched to Qualia, when Covid hit, we had our whole operations working remote within 48 hours without missing a beat, which allowed us to double our business, when competitors couldn't take on business. Now we look like geniuses, at least in my mind lol 

The whole point of a cloud based platform, like Qualia ( it doesn't have to be qualia), is you have minimal internal cyber security to worry about, servers..... 

Feel free to contact me, I am here to assist in any way I can mo@atgtitle.com 

Mo Choumil 

ALTA Marketplace

• 16.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-14-2021 13:55

I'm certain this statement "is you have minimal internal cyber security to worry about", is not at all accurate, especially if you have eliminated the endpoint/workstation and user management controls of a server by going serverless.

There are ways to do modern infrastructure without servers and still maintain controls, but without an IT person or company, this would not likely be implemented.

I'm not trying to be negative to your comment, but this illusion of any cyber security because of a hosted app, is an illusion perpetuated in part by the software vendor selling it. 

As we are taking many companies through the new CMMC guidelines (the most stringent cybersecurity guidelines ever produced) for government contractors, cyber security doesn't lay within a hosted application, instead with device/user/data management and policies around all of that being documented and evidenced.

Nicole Milliron
    Director of Operations
    Cleveland OH
    +1 (844) 556-8394

ALTA Marketplace

• 17.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-14-2021 11:32
    We have 75 employees using Qualia and do have an IT person, but honestly most issues are handled directly with Qualia support. Before going live, we created an implementation team consisting of at least 1 person from each department so we could test and get input from end users on every step in the transaction. This proved to be extremely helpful. In fact, the team still meets on a monthly basis to address items, share tips and tricks, collaborate on enhancements, etc.

Paula Pazooki
    Operations Manager/COO
    Silverdale WA
    +1 (360) 692-4141

ALTA Marketplace

• 18.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-14-2021 11:34
    Our Customer Success Manager has even joined the monthly meeting calls from time to time to hear concerns and offer solutions.

Paula Pazooki
    Operations Manager/COO
    Silverdale WA
    +1 (360) 692-4141

ALTA Marketplace

• 19.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-14-2021 11:56
    My advice is exactly what you would do with a car: Replace your software if it still stinks after a tune-up, but try the tune-up first.   [I apologize if you received this twice.  I might have posted in the wrong place last time.]

In my experience, software under-utilization cannot be avoided in most title installations for three reasons: (1) few Users know the full capabilities of the software or EXACTLY how it was designed to work, (2) I've never seen an agency with an IT Warden with ultimate authority to police inmates on data quality and software setup, and (3) the workday gives no time for Users to do #1 or #2. As a result, I see wider differences between installations of the same software at different companies than I see between different software itself. Great software with sloppy execution will yield a sloppy outcome. Mediocre software with sloppy execution will yield a sloppy outcome.
         Changing software has a short term benefit because the vendor usually removes the largest data missteps from the old installation, provides site-specific training, and shows Users how to bridge gaps experienced with the old installation. That does not always mean that the old installation could not do the same thing with proper setup.
         So, before switching software, hire an outsider to (1) tune and scrub your existing installation, (2) train Users with monthly hour-long custom sessions, and (3) police the installation with operational and data quality report cards.
         I'm an M&A consultant who has worked for the past 15 years with operating systems from dozens of title agencies, large and small.  Before title, I had a data engineering consultancy for ten years in all sorts of other industries.  Operational systems take careful attention to detail.

Joe Piernock
    Managing Director
    Corporate Development Services, Inc.
    Paoli PA
    +1 (610) 613-3830

piernock.j@cds-usa.net
    +1 (610) 613-3830

ALTA Marketplace

• 20.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-08-2021 08:51
    I use Qualia for my title company. I and my clients LOVE it!

Zen Abstract www.zenabstract.com

I also run a consulting firm and do consult to other title agencies. - Carnanco www.carnanco.com

I'd be happy to have a conversation with you about my experiences with Qualia.

Feel free to call.
    Cheryl Evans
    215-920-2678

Cheryl Evans
    CEO
    Zen Abstract
    Perkasie PA
    +1 (267) 855-2021

ALTA Marketplace

• 21.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-11-2021 00:58
    Hi Cheryl,

Do you offer procedure training for title companies? Consulting for training a team.

Kenisha Natividad
    President
    Apirra Abstract & Title, LLC
    Boerne TX
    +1 (830) 368-0359

ALTA Marketplace

• 22.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-12-2021 14:36
    I specialize in workflow, processes and procedures, efficiency, and technology.

Procedures & Workflow:
    I'll help companies evaluate their current processes and identify areas for improvement and then help them make those improvements. I provide documentation services to document those procedures into knowledge bases. I'll then train staff on those process changes. I am not proficient in the unique local variations of title laws from state to state, but I'm always willing to learn and apply that knowledge to the processes in place.

Technology
    I provide technology consulting - help a company review vendors, evaluate choices and transition to the new system. I also offer ongoing system administration - which is especially helpful for companies that use Qualia because it gives them someone to manage the system - add users, setup and tweak workflow, create custom templates, etc.

I hope that helps to answer your question, if not, please ask more questions.

Cheryl Evans
    CEO
    Zen Abstract
    Perkasie PA
    +1 (267) 855-2021

ALTA Marketplace

• 23.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-08-2021 09:01
    We switched from SoftPro to Qualia about two years ago.  If you just request a Demo you will be blown away at the difference.  It's like taking a giant leap into the next century of title software.

Lisa Mahlerwein
    Columbus Title Agency of Westerville, Inc.
    Westerville OH
    +1 (614) 890-3888

ALTA Marketplace

• 24.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-08-2021 10:36
    Hi Carrie,
    I researched for 2 years before I made a switch. ALL I can say is you need to explore QUALIA for your platform. My Team has praised the move unequivocally day after day. If I can help please feel free to reach out to me.

https://learn.qualia.com/title-escrow

Ben Yeatts
    President 
    Designated Title LLC
    Dallas/Denton/Fort Worth Texas
    Cell 940-597-6086
    Office 682-276-7200

Ben Yeatts
    Designated Title, LLC
    Southlake TX
    +1 (903) 395-4116

ALTA Marketplace

• 25.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-08-2021 11:16

Thank you so much for the feedback!  It is definitely something I am taking my time with as well and I appreciate that this was a well thought out decision for you and your team. That says a lot.

Carrie L. Smith

Manager

***Effective March 1st, 2021*** - Prestige Title Insurance Agency, LLC will require that funds to close exceeding $20,000.00 are to be wired in (wire instructions to be provided) – certified funds made payable to Prestige Title are accepted for anything less than $20K. TO PREVENT POTENTIAL WIRE FRAUD- PLEASE CALL 517-264-6040 TO VERIFY WIRE INSTRUCTIONS PRIOR TO WIRING FUNDS.

***PLEASE SEND ALL CLOSING PACKAGES TO csmith@prtitle.com

Prestige Title Insurance Agency, LLC

3136 N. Adrian Hwy., Ste. C

Adrian, MI 49221

Ph# (517)264-6040

Fax (517)264-6050

Email:   csmith@prtitle.com

E-mail Confidentiality:  This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is confidential, protected by privacy laws or government regulations, and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are intended for the sole use of the intended named recipients. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Any use of the information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated recipients(s) is prohibited.  Please note that any views or opinions presented in the e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses as the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this mail. 

ALTA Marketplace

• 26.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-08-2021 11:27

You welcome.

Ben

ALTA Marketplace

• 27.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-08-2021 19:06
    I have been using Softpro Select for over 1 yr. I do like it and it is afforable. However, they do not support use on multiple platforms only Windows 10. I am in the market for accessibility on multiple devices that run other versions of Windows or on Macs. Qualia does meet that requirement. I am also exploring AccuTitle as well. Does anyone on this thread have experience with an AccuTitle platform? It was recommended by tech support at my underwriter.
    Thank you.

Gail Malloy
    Owner
    Westmoreland Paralegal Services
    Greensburg PA
    +1 (724) 832-8683

ALTA Marketplace

• 28.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-14-2021 09:33
    Edited by Joseph Piernock 10-14-2021 10:26
    My advice is exactly what you would do with a car:  Replace your software if it still stinks after a tune-up, but try the tune-up first.

In my experience, software underutilization cannot be avoided in most title installations for three reasons: (1) few Users know the full capabilities of the software or EXACTLY how it was designed to work, (2) I've never seen an agency with an IT Warden with ultimate authority to police inmates on data quality and software setup, and (3) the workday gives no time for Users to do #1 or #2.  As a result, I see wider differences between installations of the same software at different companies than I see between different software.  Great software with sloppy execution will yield a sloppy outcome.  Mediocre software with sloppy execution will yield a sloppy outcome.
       Changing software has a short term benefit because the vendor usually removes the largest data missteps from the old installation, provides site-specific training, and shows Users how to bridge gaps experienced with the old installation.  That does not always mean that the old installation could not do the same thing with proper setup. 
       So, before switching software, hire an outsider to (1) tune and scrub your existing installation, (2) train Users with monthly hour-long custom sessions, and (3) police the installation with operational and data quality report cards.
       I'm an M&A consultant who has worked with operating systems from dozens of title agencies, large and small, for the past 15 years.  Before title, I had a data engineering consultancy for ten years in all sorts of other industries. 

Joe Piernock
    Managing Director
    Corporate Development Services, Inc.
    Paoli PA
    +1 (610) 613-3830

ALTA Marketplace

• 29.  RE: Settlement Software Recommendations

Posted 10-15-2021 03:27
    Great and sage advice from Joe Piernock, Managing Director with Corporate Development Services, Inc. I can tell by his response that he has deep experience in setting up and replacing systems when many of the end users just didn't know of or realize that many of the issues they are experiencing can be solved by additional end user training and education. I used to sell lender LOS systems and took advantage of clients that just did not know their current system actually supported the issues they were complaining about and were looking for alternatives. Or in other cases their current vendor already had identified the flaws and already had fixes in the works to rectify them.

Tim Anderson
    President eMortgage Division
    Evolve Mortgage Services
    Frisco TX

ALTA Marketplace